Month 5 is going to focus on ways to eliminate many of the toxins you could be exposed to through the environment, food, and drink
Ways to live green
- Eat organic, grass fed foods and meats from animals that are hormone, antibiotics, and pesticide free
- Avoid fish that contain high amounts of mercury - swordfish, tuna, large halibut, tilefish, shark, and Chilean sea bass.
- Certain fruits tend to have higher amounts of toxins, buy these organic if you can afford it. (apples, peaches, sweet bell peppers, celery, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, lettuce, grapes, pears)
- Water is critical to our bodies & you should drink 6-8 glasses per day. This will help your body get rid of any toxins.
- Filter your water through carbon filters (ex. Brita filters) - many refrigerators have the filters in them
- Sweating through exercise will also help remove toxins from your body.
- Avoid cooking food in the microwave - warming is ok.
- Avoid water from plastic bottles, charbroiled foods (foods cooked over charcoal).
- Avoid personal care items with aluminum (deodorants, shampoos, antacids).
- Don't us creams, lotions, or sun block with lead, paraben, or other toxins.
- Avoid excessive exposure to environmental toxins (garden chemicals, secondhand smoke, car exhaust)
- Avoid exposure to electro-magnetic radiation or electro-magnetic frequency (cell phones or other wireless devices).
- Keep your cell phone away from your head as much as possible or turn off when not in use
- Try to keep your cell phone 6-7 inches away from you, don't keep in on your hip
- Replace many cordless items with corded lines (phones, internet, games, etc.)
- Sit as far from the computer screen as possible
- Keep your alarm clock 3 feet from your head, all other electronics should be at least 6 feet away while you sleep.
- Cook on back burners of electric stove as much as possible
- Water beds, electric blankets, and metal frames all attract electromagnetic frequencies
For your home
- House plants help remove toxins from the air
- HEPA/ULPA filters help to remove dust, molds, and other indoor air toxins.
- Clean heating systems and have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
- Use non-toxic household cleaners.
- Use incandescent or LED bulbs over fluorescent light as much as possible