- Inspect your feet for cracks, calluses, and wounds daily.
- be gentle when washing your feet.
- Moisturize your feet with alcohol free moisturizer-but not between your toes.
- Cut nails carefully and always straight across.
- Never trim corns or calluses.
- Wear clean dry socks.
- Avoid socks that are loose or too tight.
- Protect your feet from extreme temperatures.
- Shake out your shoes and inspect the inside before putting them on.
- Keep your feet warm and dry.
- Never walk barefooot.
- Slowly break new shoes in.
- Wear proper diabetic footwear!
- Get periodic foot exams
Talk to your pharmacist today and see how they can help!!
Brought to by this pharmacy and the National Community Pharmacists Association